First Schoolweek  

Posted by Nicole in

I had to get up early for the first time since I’ve been to Schotland. The three weeks before I had created an awefull rhythm of going to bed at 3am and getting up at 1pm. So the first schoolday was though for me hehe. I timed my walk to school the day before and it’s 15 minutes so I knew how much time I had.
That Monday I was in time but I didn’t know where to go :s There were some people with the same problem however and together we found the lecture room.We had to listen to a fire safety talk. It turns out that if there’s a fire in school we’re pretty much screwed if you don’t know what to do. Looks like they’re more affaid of a fire than anywhere else. However it’s kinda understandable if you hear the story about a university that’s already burned down for three times now. The story goes now that the building has a voodoo curse hehe. Anyways back to my first schoolday :p We also had to watch a security video from the 80’s hahaha. A guy with one huge earring told us how a day in his life as a thief looks like. It supposed to be an instruction video how you can look after your stuff however it learned us more about how to steal stuff XD

Tuesday was my matriculation and there was a long que and I didn’t really know how it worked -_-‘ When it was my turn I told them my name and the woman said ‘aaah you are Nicole Volbeda!’ and then turned to someone else ‘she got that award from school you know’ :s I was so confused, I didn’t hear anything about that award after the phonecall of the principal. There was a hall and they’d made different offices there for everyone to sign up. I just sat down somewhere and checked the form that was given to me. And from here on there was no system anymore :s Everyone stood up random when they thought it was their turn. Some offices further I found out what my tuition fee was and that I did got an award from school. Got my student card, a lot of info for international students and when I was finished I went home quick, confused and tired.

Wednesday was a tour through Edinburgh and although I knew the city fine by now I went anyways (to make some friends). I met a Student from Spain and one from Sweden. It was fun and I was glad I went to the tour. That day was also my first dancelesson. I’m glad I’m taking dancelessons again, I love to dance.

Thursday was my day off and I felt sick that day :p I’ve got almost the Scottisch cold (but I’m feeling fine now).

Friday was a lecture for all MA students. I sat alone behind the teachers and a woman turned to me and asked; Nicole Volbeda? (Everyone seems to know me somehow :s Although that isn’t very difficult being the only one with pink hair.) She told me that there were some animation students sitting a few rows behind me and that I should join them. So I did haha. She was really nice and it seems that she knows almost everyone at the academy. After the lecture my classmates showed me the studio. It looks like an attic and it’s a nice place to work. Everyone have their own desk. I'll put some photos online. After that I went to the international student party with free wine and food *yay*. Also did meet some new people there.
That evening I went with my flatmate Julia to another party. After getting lost we finaly found it and a Dutch person opened the door! Finaly that’s the first one I meet here. I couldn’t talk Dutch though :s that was weird. I’m so used to English now. After that party I moved on to the next one at school. That one was empty though and we descided with a group that we would go out in the city. But after walking for a long time I was tired and I had to get up early Saturday so I went home.

Saturday was my Tribal dance workshop (early!) It was a lot of fun and I signed up for more lessons. The rest of the weekend was lazy *yay*.

Random things:
- I'm so happy with my all stars dvd's! My flatmates are curious about the series and it's too bad that the dvd has no subtitles option.
- I'm lazy lately although I do a lot of preparation work for my project.
- At the moment I still haven't got a schedule for school. I think everyone is very busy and I'm going to school anyway.
- Thanx mum and dad and sis for the card :p

This entry was posted on Saturday, October 4 at 5:46 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Anonymous  

dag lieve roze!

leuk om je blog weer even te lezen!! volgens mij gaat het nog steeds wel lekker daar in 't mooie schotland! :D
Ik heb nu echt al zo'n zin om je op te zoeken! gezellig bij te kletsen, wijntjes drinken, lachen, gekke dingen doen!
HOe gaat het met je project? Al 't een en ander voorbereid? En al veel mooie ideeen en dingen gemaakt? Heb je daar ook een blog voor/ga je die maken?! Want ik ben benieuwd! en wil natuurlijk altijd even een kritisch oogje op je werk laten vallen :D
Hier gaat het goed, bagger weer.. en een beetje eenzaam soms toch ook wel. Maar verder okee! Volgende week beginnen als postbode!

Dikke kus, Lies

October 7, 2008 at 9:14 PM
Anonymous  

heej nic!

super cool om al je belevenissen te lezen. En stiekem ben ik ook wel een beetje jaloers op al die nieuwe dingen die je allemaal mag doen. :) het klinkt in ieder geval erg leuk allemaal!

en cool dat je al zo beroemd bent op school.. ;) haha

dikke knuf
lau

October 7, 2008 at 9:53 PM

Waaah, jullie zijn super lief! Het is niet altijd leuk hoor, ik mis de afgelopen 2 dagen iedereen ineens heel erg. Maar gelukkig komt maart over een paar dagen ^_^

De blog over mijn nieuwe project ben ik nu aan het maken (moet morgen voor kei veel mensen die ik niet ken presenteren :s super eng). De link komt binnenkort op deze blog maar als je niet kan wachten klik dan op mijn profiel. Daar staat hij tussen (lilly).

Spreek jullie snel weer! xxx Nicole

October 8, 2008 at 3:15 AM

Post a Comment