Maarten visits Me  

Posted by Nicole in ,


Hello everyone,
Time for an update! It’s been a while. The last few days my boyfriend Maarten was here. It was so nice and it felt a bit like a holiday for me. I picked him up from the airport and we were both so happy, haha. It was so early we hurried home to rest, we both had only a few hours of sleep. After meeting my flatmates we took a quick nap because it was also the birthday of my flatmate Kim and we would go out that night.
Kim asked us to meet in a cocktail bar with her friends. The bar was nice (good cocktails!) and even for a Sunday evening it was very full. Later that week I noticed that every night is a night to go out, not like in Holland where Thursday of Friday night is THE night to go out, here is it every night. After the cocktail bar we huried to another night club. While waitingin the que Maart noticed that they were checking everyone’s ID and he left his in the flat. So he couldn’t go inside and Maarten and me left to go home. On the way home we discoverd a nice delicacies shop selling a lot of different beers and some dutch food like stroopwafels and peperkoek. That made me happy. I often feel happy now when I see or hear something dutch haha.
The next days we went shopping. I didn’t buy anything but Maart was happy because he found some cheap games for his new xbox hahaha. Wednesday we both made a Dutch dinner for everyone, boerenkool met rookworst. Yubing helped us and she made the dessert which was jelly of turtleshell powder. It’s quite nice, it tastes kinda like herb tea. People liked boerenkool and especially the rookworst.
The next day we tried visiting the zoo but when we arrived there was a loooong que! We guessed that the children have vacation now and if we wanted to go inside we had to wait for hours. So we left and went back to the city and visited the castle instead. It was so much fun! We laughed a lot and had a great time there.
We spent the last days working for school. Maart had a lot to do and we hadn’t got any time to visit the zoo again so we are going the next time (the zoo is open every day of the year!). We also went out for dinner a lot of times.
The day he had to leave was horrible. It was very early and saying goodbye was hard. After a few hours I got a text message that he was already home, haha so the distant isn’t that big really. He will visit me in December again *yay*!


School is nice now. I had a long talk with my teachers yesterday about my project. They had a lot of usefull comments and now I have a lot to do again haha. They also told us that they know Michael Dudok de Wit (a famous dutch animator and one of my favourites) and that they are thinking of asking him to help us or let him give a lecture. I really hope so! I’m also reading a few books about children and television and child psychology for my project. It’s very interesting. I also had a lecture about animpro, an animator program. So finaly everything is starting (although I started already).

Today I’ve cleaned my room, did a huge laundry, made some brownies with nuts and went shopping for groceries in the storm. I feel good now :p It’s storming for a few days now and it’s really horrible. The wind is blowing so hard, you see big tree branches lying on the ground and sometimes you can’t breath because the wind is blowing so hard. But nobody seems to mind, in Holland the trains and busses wouldn’t leave with this weather. Here however they are still working on those big building cranes haha crazy!


I’ll end this with some short comments
-Jetske, we (maarten and me) send you a card. I hope it will arrive and I wish you lots of strength!
-I’m wearing my glasses full time now. My lenses were hurting my eyes.
-Thank you Ineke for my Dutch package hahaha. That was really nice and everything is already finished.
-I’m looking forward to the visit of Bram and Lisa!
-Thanx Manon for your letter haha. I’m also too busy to write back :p

This entry was posted on Friday, October 24 at 5:40 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Anonymous  

Hoi nicole,

Leuke blog, we hebben met zijn allen gekeken en we zijn hier verjaardag aan het vieren van Maud.


Groet Bram Volbeda en de rest van de zooi.

October 26, 2008 at 3:35 PM

Hey Bram wat leuk! Cool dat jullie een berichtje hebben achter gelaten. En voor Maud: GEFELICITEERD uit Schotland! Een hele fijne verjaardag ^_^
Groetjes Nicole

October 26, 2008 at 3:51 PM
Anonymous  

Hoi Nicolles!!!!! Hoe gaat het met je? Als ik de lenzen van Maarten heb gekregen ga ik nog proberen voor andere proeflenzen en anders koop een leuke bril als Liza en Bram er zijn. Manon heeft deze week haar schoolbeoordeling. Nicole hou je brievenbus in de gaten want er is iets onderweg. DIKKE KUS VAN JE MOEDER!!!!!!!!!!

October 28, 2008 at 4:03 PM
Anonymous  

Hoi Niecje. Neeeeheheeheheee ik bedoel echt een echte brief! Een hele lange leuke brief met lipstikzoenen enzo. Zo'n brief wil ik maken. Vind je ook echt alles interessant? Want het wordt dan echt een lang lulverhaal briefje hoor! Be prepared! Be very prepared!Groetjes, dat snotjong manon

November 4, 2008 at 8:15 PM

Post a Comment