Update Frenzy  

Posted by Nicole in

At last an update! I’ve put my story in chapters to make it better to read.

Lowlands
My parents gave me a ticket to Lowlands. Lowlands is a ‘music/theatre/and a lot more’ festival of three days. It was my little holiday of this summer. I went with Lisa, Marielle and Hanneke on Friday. The plan was leaving early ( 6am) so we could get a good spot for our tents. So after some lugage stress I went early to bed that Thursday to get a good rest. Suddenly at 2am I heard some loud music comming from the neighbours. It went on and on and it was driving Maart and me crazy. We knocked on their door and complained, and they didn’t listen. That night I’ve gotten 2 hours of sleep...-_-‘So I felt a bit rubbish that day. The journey to Lowlands was fine. We had to wait putting our tents up because the field wasn’t open (for people that know Lowlands, we were on camp 7). We managed to get a good spot and there was actually some space between us and our neighbours.
I’ve seen many bands and I really don’t know their names anymore. The best acts were (my humble opinion :p) asakussa jinta, some weird 8bit computer guy from Sweden and de jeugd van tegenwoordig. I’ve seen a lot more though.
At the end of the festival I felt dirty, tired and satisfied.

A fight
So yeah, the neighbours that appeared earlier in the story...Well they’re playing loud(!) music. That’s not a problem if it wasn’t like every day from 4am till 7am. I think the average was like 2 nights of no music in a week. First we explained them we could hear it really good through the walls, second we’ve complained, third we let the neighbours come over and let them listen how loud it was and it all didn’t help. When we complained at their door once again they were not home :s some drunken guys of the neighbourhood had a party in their house and left the door open. That was it, we called the police. They recieved a warning.
The last night in our house (before we moved out) the music was really getting bad. Lots of drunken people on the street, loud music. I was so tired, I didn’t got much sleep that week. In the end at 7am Maart was yelling at them and I was crying on the phone calling the police hahaha. I’m glad I don’t live there anymore. It’s ok to play loud music once in a while however not every day at inhumane times.

Farewell party
So last Thursday was my big birthday/graduation/farewell party. The whole house was empty because we were moving out. Maart did so much for the party, he put big pillows on the ground to sit on, created a huge low table and had taken care of the music. My mother provided all the drinks and food, hehe. And I was buisy with other things than my party actually.
So many people showed up and thank you all guys for the nice presents! I was feeling a bit weird. Happy because it was a party :p and sad knowing I won’t be seeing my friends after this. However I’ll be on msn and if you want to add me its: me_and_ul@hotmail.com (yeah I know, there’s a typing error in my email but I’m too lazy to correct it).

Short news:
- We let our birds free (because nobody wanted to take care of them, not even an animal shelter) and got yelled at by people of the animal shelter :s no kidding.
- My tattoo is scheduled for later.
- I have found my felt pieces and finished my squid bag!
- The big moving to Edinburgh story is coming soon (somewhere this week).

This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 3 at 12:26 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Anonymous  

Heej Nicolee!!
alles goed daar? ik begrijp niks van je engelse dagboek maar uit de fotos maak ik op dat het leuk is daar:P nog veel succes 8)!!!!
xxxEefje

September 6, 2008 at 12:05 AM

Ha Eefje (welke eefje is het precies; eefje van maarten of eefje van tobias? :p)
Alles is goed hier, tis inderdaad heel erg leuk! Ik heb het in het engels gedaan omdat er ook want mensen uit het buitenland mee kijken, vandaar.
xxx Nicole

September 7, 2008 at 2:31 PM

Post a Comment